Pharmalex PTFE Hose
Pharmalex is a very flexible, patented smoothbore PTFE lined hose product with a clear silicone rubber cover. It is designed to replace conventional all-silicone rubber hoses in applications where the inner silicone rubber liner may be subject to chemical reaction with fluids passing through, which may either contaminate the fluid, or degrade the rubber liner.
Generally, Pharmalex is designed for light duty applications, with low internal fluid or gas pressures.
Pharmalex is designed for use in high purity Pharmaceutical, Biotech, Chemical and Foodstuffs application areas, where ease of cleaning the hose is required, both internal and external.
It is also very suitable for use in other general industrial applications, particularly those where hot fluids or gases are being passed.
Pharmaline (leaflet available) is a higher pressure capable, heavier duty alternative to Pharmalex Pharmaline includes an SS wire braid between the tube and a white silicone rubber cover.
HOSE TYPES, DESIGNS & APPROVALS
Pharmalex GP has a PTFE hose liner tube, manufactured from PTFE material in accordance with FDA requirement 21 CFR 177.1550.
An antistatic PTFE option is also available, Pharmalex AS, using liner material in accordance with the FDA requirement 21 CFR 178.3297.
Both Pharmalex GP and Pharmalex AS have been tested and the PTFE liners comply with USP Class VI, including the Elution (Cytotoxicity) test.
Both include a Platinum Cured clear (transparent) silicone rubber cover (Post-cured 4 hours at 200?C in accordance with requirements for USP Class VI). The Silicone Rubber material is in accordance with FDA requirement CFR-177-2600.
ATEX – Attestations of Conformity and Labelling – Available for the Pharmalex range of hose and hose assemblies, and include the following designation:
II 2 G D c
CERT.NO: SIRA 06ATEX6064U – for components intended for use in Gas: Zones 1&2 and Dust: Zones 21&22. Potentially Explosive Atmospheres – Directive 94/9/EC.
Alternative colours of the silicone rubber cover are also available, to special order.
ADVANTAGES OVER CONVENTIONAL HOSE DESIGNS
- Pharmalex can be used to replace silicone rubber hoses and tubing, particularly where the much better chemical resistance and ease of cleaning of the PTFE hose liner is an advantage.
- Unlike silicone rubber lined hoses and tubing, Pharmalex can be steam sterilised any number of times, without degradation of the hose liner.
- Pharmalex can be used to replace conventional smoothbore PTFE lined hoses in applications where the much better flexibility of Pharmalex is an advantage.
- Pharmalex can be used in low pressure, light duty applications in place of more expensive reinforced PTFE and Silicone hose designs.
- Temperature Range: -60°c (-80°F) to +200°C (400°F).
- Pressure vs Temperature – Pressure ratings are as listed up to 130°C (266°F), then reducing at 1% per 1°C Vacuum – All sizes fully vacuum resistant up to 100°C.
- Sanitary and Mini Sanitary Triclamp (Triclover) fittings in 316SS, with bores polished to <0.375µm (<15µ in).
- I-Line Fittings.
- Compression Fittings.
- BSPT and NPT Fixed Male Pipe Fittings.
- Flanges, Camlocks, DIN 11851, RJT, SMS, RJP and others to special order.
Pharmalex can be assembled using the same end fittings and ferrules as for Pharmaline.
- Silicone encapsulated colour coding, and / or text information to suit customers requirements.
- ‘Flowtag’ RFID chip, programmed to suit customers requirements.
- Unique Serial Numbers and other information for each hose, stamped on ferrules or SS tags, to give total traceability.